Sunday, March 25, 2012

Eva Mae Turns 1


The Day Eva Mae was Born!





Today is Eva Mae's first birthday! I can't believe that a year ago yesterday Dustin and I were enjoying dinner with some friends and at the time I had no idea that I was in labor let alone having contractions. I just didn't feel like eating, soup was what I ended up having for dinner, plus every once and a while my stomach would get tight. That I thought was just the Braxton Hicks, which I had been having for a few weeks prior. The funny part was, where we were eating was literally right next to our hospital. After dinner, Dustin and I decided that we should stop off at the store so Dustin could get some drinks to go into his "Daddy Bag." While I was waiting in the car I kept getting this uncomfortable sensations. Then some light cramping. So I'm texting him to hurry up! So we get home and I tell him whats going on. He says to me that I need to sit down and we will time what now I'm assuming are contractions. So I sit down and wait for my stomach to feel tight and then release...well come to find out it was happening every minute and half to a minute. I then tell him I need to use the restroom..I will keep that to myself it's TMI for everyone else...But I scream to Dustin saying, "IT'S TIME TO GO!" He yells back, "ARE YOU SURE?!" I go, "YES I'M SURE!!" So we get into the car and the drive is pretty much a blur! I remember driving past the mall and getting off the freeway. The next thing I know is we are at the front desk and I can barely talk to tell them that I am in labor! So they put me in a room, hook me up to machines, check everything! They confirm that I am in fact in labor....2 cm dialated already! So Dustin makes the phone calls to our family and friends! My mom, and sisters were in the room with us..which was nice because it helped take my mind off the contractions...which I went drug free for about 4 hours until my contractions were literally on top of each other and I got stuck in the bathroom and couldn't walk! So I said NOPE I'm done I want the epidural! I am SO happy that I did! I was able to rest a little bit and enjoy the last part with Dustin. Then my Doctor was on call at 7:00am came in to check on me...by 9:10am I was pushing and at 9:57am Eva Mae was born! March 25th, 2011, 7lbs 7oz, 20 1/4 inches long! Word's can't even describe the joy and happiness that came over me! My first thought when I saw her was HOW BEAUTIFUL she was! I was so glad that my sister Kelly and Dustin could be there for that special moment! I will remember that for the rest of my life!



So today we had a small party to celebrate our STILL ( much more ) Beautiful Eva Mae's birthday!
The Birthday Girl!!





Enjoying some lunch before her cup cake!

Eva Mae's very first Cup Cake! Strawberries and Cream!



 She enjoyed the frosting more than she enjoyed the cupcake!


Mommy was more excited about her getting new Sparkly Red Toms than Eva Mae was! She just wanted to chew on them!

Hurray for building blocks from Nana!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Happy Birthday little Bean!!! Thanks sister for making me an Auntie!! You know I love that little girl more than anything in this world!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete