Monday, March 12, 2012

Long Day..

I should be cleaning up our bedroom right now...but instead I am choosing to write here...I have made my tea and Eva Mae is FINALLY down for a nap. There is no noise in our house right now except for the windchimes outside, me clicking away on the key board, the ocean waves of Eva Mae's sound machine and the soft humming of the computer....I like it. A lot. Sometimes after a battle of a day (which is far from over considering it's only 2:18pm)....it's nice to just sit in silence. I don't get to have silence anymore. Dustin turns the tv on the second he gets home, he watches the news in the morning, Eva Mae's toys are constantly making some kind of noise, music that I will have playing, Eva Mae crying or talking, me talking, Dustin talking...Noise is EVERYWHERE all the time here....It can get very overwhelming...I'm sure MANY moms would agree with me on that. The battle of Eva Mae not wanting to nap this morning is exhausting...It's funny how when she doesn't take one how much you realize HOW MUCH you really do need her to nap in the morning!


This weekend was a VERY busy weekend. 3 birthday parties, I had to nanny and I had to start making Eva Mae's invitations so I can send them out this week! The Very Hungry Caterpillar party that I "worked" was a TON of fun! The mom (Tasha) had done such a FABULOUS job decorating! I was jealous! I kept telling Dustin that I hope Eva Mae's party will look as good as this! She had tons of food, fun games, and prizes plus ME! I made 25 hair clips for the little girls at the party!




Eva Mae was my little model that day too showing off a set of Purple Felt Flowers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your party will look fantastic!!

    I know what you mean about enjoying the quiet. Sometimes I stay up far to long at night just enjoying the uninterupted silence :)

    All the best for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope it will!

    I SO agree! I do get more work done when there is no noise or distractions...Fancy that : )

    ReplyDelete