Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Thankfully Dustin got off work early and didn't receive ANY service calls! We were able to go out to dinner with Eva Mae to Woody's Diner right by our house. We LOVED that it wasn't busy and were able to sit down right away. Eva Mae being the little Ham that she is was smiling away as an elderly couple came in. The woman walks over and says to Eva Mae, " Aren't you just the cutest little girl I've ever seen!" Eva Mae gives a big toothy grin, which in turn made the woman giggle and reply, " And my my look at all those beautiful teeth! She must be what 2? 2 1/2?" I said to her, "Actually she's not even 1 yet. She's only 10 and a half months." The woman smiled and said, "You are going to have your hands full with this one, and when she starts talking ooooh boy!" He husband whispered to her lets go, get out of their space. I smiled and we all said goodbye. Now throughout the dinner Eva Mae was smiling at the woman and she was smiling and waving back at Eva Mae. It was just SO cute! Well the elderly couple had finished their meal and walked over to the counter to pay for their meal. To their surprise the waitress tells them that a gentleman who had been sitting by himself next to them paid for their meal, the tip as well as a sundae for them to share. The couple were so shocked and surprised! They kept asking who the man was and why he would do that. The waitress said that the message he left was, " Happy Valentine's Day and enjoy yourselves." 

Dustin and I were so glad to have been able to witness such an act of kindness! Dustin had even said that it's nice to know that there are people in this world still who perform such selfless acts for complete strangers. I could have cried it was such a wonderful moment! It just made our night that much better!!

Dustin got me this BEAUTIFUL flowers! I LOVE the Orchids!

I gave Dustin these flowers : )

No comments:

Post a Comment